User Experience Researcher
An accomplished UX design professional with proven experience leading qualitative and quantitative research projects that incorporate UX research best practices, including Contextual Inquiry, Usability Studies, Interviews, Surveys, Design Sprints, Heuristics, Scorecards, and Focus Groups. Adds value with a strong design background as well as an ability to partner with internal and external stakeholder groups throughout projects and initiatives.
User Experience Research Qualitative & Quantitative Research Cross-Functional Collaboration
Project & Program Management Capturing Actionable Intelligence Team Leadership & Management
Strategic Planning & Execution Focus Groups & Information Gathering Coaching, Training & Mentoring
T-MOBILE/FILTER LLC Seattle, WA
Lead User Experience Researcher (11/2017 – Present)
- Oversaw the research of the FILTER Managed Service team for T-Mobile.
- Established UX best practices for the research team.
- Managed multiple projects while monitoring capacity of the team.
- Lead and established a remote research process for customer call centers across the country.
- Conducted research in stores and with call centers working on short deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Helped establish UX Research within Front End Digital Development and Special Projects Teams at T-Mobile.
- Conducted exploratory, descriptive, and evaluative research remotely and at T-Mobile stores while working within a mix of waterfall and agile practices.
User Experience Researcher (6/2015 – 7/2017)
- Led qualitative and quantitative research on Salesforce Email, Content, Predicitve, and Mobile products through Contextual Inquiry, Usability Studies, Interviews, Surveys, Design Sprints, Heuristics, Scorecards, and Focus Groups.
- Engaged regularly with internal and external groups, collaborating cross-functionally to resolve internal issues, as well as oversee external focus groups.
- Launched a new effort with the UX team, Pure Research, conducting contextual inquiry and remotely watched customers work; allowed for focus on how customers were actually using systems and software, as opposed to perceptions.
- Partnered with product development and UX teams to enhance products, processes, and workarounds by leveraging data gathered from user experience research.
- Led a major customer focus group for The Gap, overseeing journey mapping for the approvals process within the client’s company; provided different tools for Gap teams to collaborate on approvals.
- Interviewed and facilitated focus groups with internal and external stakeholders, writers, and product managers.
- Took the lead in completing competitive analysis and in-depth research of user help systems, as well as task analysis of social software using Morae.
- Engaged directly with leadership across multiple lines of business, presenting findings, insights, and design suggestions to teams nationwide.
- Wrote scripts, administered phone screens, and conducted task-oriented and discovery-oriented usability studies using Invision prototypes, as well as customer and public-facing user help systems.
INDIANA UNIVERSITY BLOOMINGTON Bloomington, IN
Design Intern, Men’s Basketball (9/2014 – 6/2015)
- Designed postcards, mailers, and credentials using Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Performed a wide range of analysis functions, including conducting analysis of statistics and data for Indiana University Men’s Basketball team.
- Led a discussion session for 30 undergraduate students in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Design; discussed project work and answered a wide range of UX questions.
ACM SIGGRAPH Vancouver, BC
Poster Presenter (1/2014 – 12/2014)
- Led the research and worked with a team in the creation, proposal, and presentation of a poster revealing the opportunity to immerse audiences throughout a total film experience using Augmented Reality.
CUSTOM PRODUCTS Atlanta, GA
Trade Show Manager (9/2000 – 8/2010)
- Oversaw the shipping, setup, break down, and storage of show booths at medical trade shows nationwide.
- Leveraged expertise in quickly resolving crisis situations, including learning how to manage people and how to establish a strong rapport quickly with team members.
- Drove performance by providing hands-on coaching, training, mentoring, and support to teams throughout the trade show, from design to setup and close.
- Gained a strong understanding of the policies and best practices of working with unions, resulting in the company being able to get to the front of the line for electrical setup, carpeting, and lighting.
CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO Charleston, SC
Promotions Coordinator (1/2006 – 2/2007)
- Designed, created, and executed promotions for five different station formats, maintaining close communication with sales teams and Program Directors.
- Facilitated live interviews and conducted surveys with guests and listeners to gather actionable intelligence.
96WAVE RADIO Charleston, SC
Promotions Assistant (1/2004 – 1/2006)
- Promoted the 96Wave station by transmitting live remotes, organizing contests, managing the board for live broadcasts, and hosting a sports talk show.
Software & Training
Camtasia, Morae, GetFeedback, Sony Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Balsamiq, Cogtool, Validately, UserZoom, Rally, SurveyMonkey, Skype, WebEx,
G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Indiana University Bloomington
MASTER OF SCIENCE, HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION
Georgia Southern University
BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN BROADCASTING
Design is an Adventure