A one week project for a Research Methods class releasing a cultural probe into the wild for 4 days to explore and compare the emotional responses of how people deal with grief and loss.
Our users were two individuals who lost the same close friend two years ago. We constructed two similar looking boxes out of foam core to look like a monument that is scheduled to be built his honor. Inside we created rooms that each had a theme around the life and interests of their lost friend.
An instruction and reflection book was provided inside the probe to guide the users through a different activity involving one of the rooms each day in order to capture the users emotions and thoughts.
After four days, follow-up interviews were conducted with the users to gauge how the probe affected them.
- Co-wrote and designed each day's events
- Co-constructed the monuments out of foam core
- Designed and built the Garden room
- Created the puzzle for the Living Room and helped build the Zodiac room
- Performed the follow-up interviews as a team
- Gathered and interpreted the results of the interviews and reflections as a team
Team members: Prianka Rayamajhi, Lulu Wang
Design is an Adventure